Friday, December 3, 2010

This is the Plan

Whew!! Busy couple of weeks with the holiday season beginning. Now that I have Thanksgiving under my belt I can focus on promoting the novel, at least for the next couple of weeks.

When I last checked, I had sold 25 copies of “The Pirate’s Daughter And A King’s Ransom, which is spelled incorrectly on the back of the book. (Shaking head in disbelief.) “Oh, well,” she says with a sigh. Will correct it in the next edition. I think I have pestered to death all my friends on Facebook so it’s time to look into other avenues for sales.

So, this is my plan. (At least for now.)

#1. Get everyone who bought a book to actually read it.

Believe it or not, most of my very wonderful friends have not yet found the time to read their books. PLEASE READ THEM! Then tell all your friends about it, providing you liked my book. If you didn’t, I’m sorry but no refunds.

Once I have made some seed money, on to the next phase.

#2. Find another publisher who will print in bulk.

At a lower wholesale cost than I’m getting from Blurb, I’ll be able then to buy, say 100 copies to give away to distributors, book clubs and the likes.

#3.

I know, it’s blank. I haven’t gotten that far in my thought processes.

But I do have a start and that’s the most important thing. So, wish me luck, read your books!

- K.L. Parry -

Also I have begun another blog on Word Press, “Gird Your Loins, The Holidays Are Here”. A light-hearted blog to get you in the spirit and help keep you there.

GO TO www.klparry.com or Blurb.com and check out “The Pirate’s Daughter And A King’s Ransom” a novel by K.L.Parry. A fictional, high seas tale of adventure. Suitable for readers of all ages. Order your copy now to ensure delivery by Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment