Friday, December 3, 2010

A little bit about me

Well, I hope it is obvious, (or maybe not) that I am an aspiring novelist. Since I am writing this after the fact that I have already self published my first novel, I will fill you in on how this came about.

I began this journey about 8 or so years ago. My youngest sister and I were sharing a house together and we were just not getting along. (In both of our defence, two very independent women under one roof is never a good idea and we are the best of friends under any other circumstance.) However, being desperately unhappy in that situation, I found myself looking for outlets for my frustration. Since I couldn’t afford to return to my first love, painting, I chose to seek out my second which was writing. Thus was born “The Adventures of Bonny Blue and Rebbecca Wolf” which I later renamed, ”The Pirate’s Daughter And A King’s Ransom”.

When I began my first blog here on Blogger, I believed I was near to completing my book. I wanted to document in someway my journey and possibly solicit help in getting my work published. But…, as I began to let others read my manuscript, I discovered there was still a lot of work to be done on it before I could even think of getting it to print. My technical skills, for one, were sorely lacking. I have learned a lot along the way ; semi colons,( did I use it properly?), where to put the comma in dialogue and those three dots (…), I still can’t keep the name for them in my head. Unfortunately my spelling hasn’t improved much but if I get close enough there is spell check. I’ve even used google to find the spelling of a word and of course I have a Webster’s Dictionary from 1990 that I picked up from a thrift shop. I’ve learned things about writing, publishing and myself, particularly when I lost my biggest supporter to a sudden heart attack. I had relied on my friend Andy for his driving encouragement and it was a brutal blow to find that I would have to go the rest of the way without him. But, for what was taken from me, another came in his stead. A published writer himself, this new friend offered a helping hand, for which I am eternally grateful.

I still have much to figure out. But I do hope you will stay with me a while longer if for no other reason than to see how it all works out.

-K.L. Parry -

GO TO www.klparry.com or Blurb.com and check out “The Pirate’s Daughter And A King’s Ransom” a novel by K.L.Parry. A fictional, high seas tale of adventure. Suitable for readers of all ages. Order your copy now to ensure delivery by Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment